7 minutes of food philosopher Sherry Strong at tokyo



This was a great "naked talk" at TEDxTokyo. This is just half of it (in full it's about 14-min). The sound and video are weak since I was using a Flip, so crank up the volume. Sorry about laughing into the camera one time -- and you can hear my buddy Barry Eisler (http://www.barryeisler.com/ ) laugh and comment too as he was sitting next to me. Barry, by the way, also gave a fantastic, inspiring talk just like the pro that he is. He's a great writer, of course, but he's a great speaker too.

Checkout Sherry's website: http://www.sherrystrong.com/  She is an amazing person.

In future perhaps a few of these TEDxTokyo talks will be online in HD. There was a great pro camera crew with several cameras so I look forward to seeing the videos. There were several talks that were as good as any TED talk I have seen. Really good stuff.

As far as the first TEDxTokyo goes, I'd give it an A+. It was not perfect, of course, if you judge critically. However, if you factor in the high degree of difficulty of doing all of this for the first time and with volunteers and sponsors, etc. then I have to give it a '10.' I was blown away. I was worried on the day before since there were lots of technical issues to iron out, but they did it! Patrick, Todd, Jason, et al should stand up and take a bow -- this TEDxTokyo absolutely blew me away. Next year it will be even better. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment