I am a sexless person, says Kangana Ranaut



Just 18 when she entered the glitzy world of Bollywood with her debut flick ‘Gangster’; Kangana Ranaut has many accomplishments to her name with some of the most astounding performances in her kitty.

However even though the stunner has many power packed acts to boast of, she somehow manages to hit headlines for all the wrong reasons. Speaking to Swati Charurvedi of Spicezee.com on ‘Kahiye Janaab’ the young lass slammed many baseless speculations making her fame infamous.

Swati:How has been your journey from Manali to Mumbai? You have done some extreme roles. How do you manage them?

Kangana: I think the onus of my success directly goes to my directors and the roles that I have done. I haven’t worked with many directors, there are only a select few. I have done three films with Anurag, two with Mohit Suri and one with Madhur Bhandarkar. And Madhur has told me that he wants to do another flick with me. So I guess, I have become very comfortable with them. And this comfort shows in my performances. It’s their faith in me that has helped me reach where I am today.

Swati: You play so many serious roles. How do you return to normalcy after giving such intense performances?

Kangana See, when I play a role I give it my 100 percent. I start to live the life of that character. It’s very difficult to return to my usual self because I am completely into the character. And when you are so involved in the character it’s bound to leave an impression on you. But I don’t let it affect me very much. I do a lot of meditation.

Swati: You have broken a lot of stereotypes. Has it been intentional?

Kangana: Right from the time I entered the industry, I knew I was different. In fact, I was different in a lot of ways. I was very tomboyish. Like if I would wore shorts for a scene, then I didn’t bother to take a robe.

Swati: You have often faced the flak for wearing minimal clothes. How do you react to it?

Kangana: Even though I have worn fewer clothes, I don’t think I look vulgar. I am a very sexless person. I have never tried to create a sexy image of myself. From the very first day, I have been clear about my objectives. I am an actress and I am here to do my job.

Swati:For your wardrobe malfunction scene in ‘Fashion’, Madhur stated that no one could have done a better job. But audiences haven’t reacted that well.

Kangana: As I said, I live the character. It feels very sad when an artist forgoes everything to play a part and is not appreciated. I think we should be respected for getting into the skin of the character than be criticised.

Swati:Most recently a news magazine featured one of your calendar pictures stating that you have crossed all limits. What do you say to that?

Kangana: Well, everyone has a different opinion towards these things. It’s an individual’s point of view. But I personally feel that it’s a classic picture. It has been beautifully shot. There are a lot of girls in the same calendar, who have worn much lesser clothes than me. Why hasn’t anything been written about them? In fact there is one girl who is just wearing g-strings and holding a pillow to her bust. I personally feel that my picture got rave reviews.

Swati: How do you react when you read about your boyfriend Adhyayan’s father Shekhar Suman disapproving you?

Kangana: There are so many tabloids and newspapers these days. Some journalists tell me ‘please give us some news’. If you ask me, most of it is a lie. The sad part about this entire episode about Shekhar Suman and me is that the argument took place between Shekhar and Mohit. But knowing media, I knew that my name would be dragged in it to make the news spicier and make it a lead story.

Swati:So you are saying that there is absolutely nothing wrong between you and Suman?

Kangana: There is absolutely nothing wrong between us. Shekhar Suman is shouting from the rooftop that there is nothing wrong, and he has even stated the same in an interview. He has already told me that he said no such thing.

Swati:How do your parents react to all the rumours written about you?

Kangana:By now even they realise that these are not true. So many things are written everyday. They have made their peace with such rumours. They don’t react to them. They don’t take such speculations seriously.

Swati:Priyanka recently won an award for her act in ‘Fashion’. You too gave a commendable performance, didn’t you feel that even you deserved one?

Kangana: Of course, I felt like I deserve one. But I do respect the jury’s decision. It’s up to them to decide whether I deserve an award or not. I respect their judgement and that’s the sole reason that I attend these award nights. Now if you don’t have to respect them, then you can sit at home like Aamir Khan and just shun these awards.

Swati: But you must have felt bad?

Kangana: No, not at all. It’s not like I missed an Oscar. There are around 6 award events these days. I am sure I’ll win one.

Swati: Are you looking at doing any conventional roles?

Kangana: I don’t want to do conventional flop films. I want to be part of only hit flicks. All my films have done well so far. I read a script and I make up my mind whether it’ll be hit or not.

Swati: Which actor would you like to work with?

Kangana:I would love to work with Aamir Khan. He is my inspiration and I wish I get an opportunity to work with him.

Swati Since Valentine’s day is just round the corner, tell us what is the most romantic thing Adhyayan has done for you?

KanganaAdhyayan is an extremely romantic person. We just went for a vacation and there on a beach he wrote ‘I Love You Kangana’. That has been the sweetest thing so far.

Adapted by: Tanu Talwar

No comments:

Post a Comment